Russia Cement Company was the largest manufacturer of glue in te United States. It's main product was LePage's Glue, a product made of fish skins that was invented by Isaac Stanwood of Gloucester, Masachusetts and patented in 1874. The Russia Cement Company was founded in 1876 by William Nelson LePage in Boston, Massachusetts, and moved to Gloucester in 1887. Nathan H. Phillips, the fellow who signed our check, was a partner of LePage. The company was eventually sold to Papercraft Corporation of Pittsbugh, Pennsylvania. A Russia Cement Company check is a great memento.