T. P. Crandall of Crandall and McKillican in North Bloomfield, California was in the business of mining supplies and related provisions. The original check was produced by Crocker and Company, printers in San Francisco. Founded in Sacramento in 1856, H.S. Crocker Company Printers acquired and printed using the first offset-lithographic press manufactured in America. By 1885, the H.S. Crocker Company Printers had a reputation as being one of the best commercial printers in California. Their primary office was located in a five-story building at numbers 215, 217 and 219 Bush street. Their building was known to San Franciscans as as the Crocker building. Their orginal lithographic press was later donated to the Smithsonian Museum. North Bloomfield, California is now a ghost town. This check reproduction would look great in a display.